Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Playing catch up - May.

Been a bit remiss with this, just been reminded of it... I'll catch up over the next few days.

May.
Summer Hockey started in May and we had many a game in colder conditions than winter hockey in New Zealand, but it did warm up reasonably quickly and we had some beautiful evenings to play in. Spent most games playing midfield. Managed to set up a few goals and score one myself, pretty happy with that. Mostly though it was just good to be out playing again. Although summer hockey here is a bit different is is full field, full team, mixed gender and a full length game, I think I prefer the 7 a side version better, but this was still good. Now I just have to wait for the winter season, not far away now. Also played a bit of badminton with a few different friends.

Had a few good nights out both in Milton Keynes and a little place called Leighton Buzzard (or just LB), which coined the term 'wang ukulele' it's a variation of air guitar (works well you should try it).

May also became the month of the passive aggressive note, my land lord stepped up his note campaign with his best effort yet that outlined the dangers of dish washing incorrectly and the long term side effects of dish washing chemicals... sigh.... I'd scan the note if I still had it, it was epic. Haven't had many more since I started writing replies.

Had another ALD with school, helped take a group of Y8's (I think it was) to Warwick Castle. Wasn't a bad day, watched some falconry and the trebuchet in action. Have been there before a while back with Hayley and my Sister and kids, so wasn't all new, But seeing the trebuchet fire was pretty cool as it wasn't on the day we went.

22nd of May the whole family went to Legoland for Kathryn's birthday and as a bit of a farewell for my sister before she left for America. Was a fun day and as always just good to be out with the family.




Then the weekend after was the short trip down to Heathrow to farewell, Amanda, Philip, Kathryn and Matthew to America, bit of a sad day to see them go after finally being able to spend some time with them and the kids, but it is a huge opportunity for them and is now a good excuse to visit Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment