Monday, May 3, 2010

MAY Day!!!

April has gone by, it has been a busy, but very enjoyable month. I'll rewind.....

After spending the first week after Easter in Scotland, I got back and just spent a few days relaxing and honestly procrastinating about work (Woo-hoo procrastination (WWMFW!!!)). Went to Alton Towers in the second week of the break (www.altontowers.com), It's like rainbows end on steroids, a lot of steriods, ok really it is nothing like rainbows end, it destroys rainbows end with the first step in the door (Not that that is hard). NZ really needs a better theme park. Anyhoo, managed about 11 different rides, most being roller coasters or other thrill rides, not sure on a favourite they all had there moments, mostly because of friends. The photo was a run away train thingy that shortly into an attempt was made on my life!!!, there are other photos which mostly involve waiting in cues with slight looks of terror.

First day back at school was a teacher only day, thank goodness. First week wasn't bad, somewhat more relaxed without having nagging in my ear most of the time and I'm now officially lead teacher of Physics (I think). I also finally met the principle. She's been away... Anyway, I went to a lead teachers meeting, arriving a little late, cause I was talking to my PGCE (student teacher) and sat at the back. The principle was half way through saying something looked at me stopped... "who are you?", "I'm Paul"... "Paul who?"... "Paul Thompson"... The rest of the conversation basically went no you don't know me and I'm not even sure if you hired me... it was pretty amusing at the time.

Middle of the first week I went to a metal concert. For an American band called 'Haste the Day' (they are a Christian metal core band, Possible an oxymoron to some people who get caught up in 'religion' versus what really matters, but anyway). There was meant to be a second band 'Oh sleeper' but they could make it because of volcanic ash (lame excuse). Concert was excellent, I've pinched one of someone else's photo's cause mine weren't great (second ones mine). Also a link to one of the few of their songs on youtube with a video...

Haste the Day - Stitches

Anyway the week after wasn't as packed, but was a busy teaching week. Few nights out with friends. Went down to Thatcham for Amanda's birthday, was a really nice day with the family. It has a little bit of sadness though as I realise they will not be in the UK much longer, so i wont get to spend that much more time with my sister, brother in law and the kids. Ah well soon I will have an actual reason to visit the US i guess.

Have a long weekend this week, May day. to celebrate the 'ball of fire in the sky' which we shall not name in fear that it may realise that it has been shining on us here for about 3 weeks straight, with only a few days rain in between. Had a great night out last night, so still feeling a little jaded this morning, so I'll blame any typo's and grammar on that.

This week should be good, There are a lot of school exams happening, plus some external ones starting up, so classes will be thinned a little.
Tomorrow I play my first game of Summer Hockey with the team I've never met, really looking forward to that.

All up it's been a fantastic month, caped off by the crazy news from metrowater about the meter readings and the stupid amount of money they owe me back. All I need now is for the motorbike in NZ to sell.

Much love peoples. miss u...
Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment