Wednesday, August 18, 2010

June,

6th months after leaving NZ I finally sold my CBR600RR (or alternatively in pirate CBR600agrRagrrrrrrR) in NZ, didn't quite get as much as I hoped, but it is finally sold so that is all good.

Also on a driving front, I have now swapped my driving licence for a full British one, It just makes it easier to travel around the place.


Went to see Powderfingers farewell concert in London, it was an awesome night out. Went with 2 lovely British girls, which was good cause otherwise it was mainly Australians. Was amazing how load the crowd was, at time you could hardly hear Powderfinger themselves and the growd was distorting in your ears.


Also caught up with Hayley's parents as they had come across from NZ to go on a trip round Europe. Was lovely to see them and spend some time pretending to know my way round London as a tour guide.

Along with the gear Hayley's parents brought the rest of my hiking gear arrived, so the plan was to go motorcycle touring. That was until the VTR1000 got stolen from outside my flat. Was very gutted as that bike had really grown on me and had a lot of soul. It was never the fastest or best looking bike I had, but it was fun to ride and had character. So the search was on for a new one.
Photo: Space left where the VTR was, also shows the tire marks where it was dragged away :'(
Shortly after the bike theft my British driving licence arrived, fell slightly more like I belong here, but it seemed a bit useless without the bike.

The Football World Cup started and although it was sad to see England get taken out (felt sorry for my British friends), it was awesome to see New Zealand in it and pull off the most amazing draw with Italy.

Another highlight of the month was going with dad to the MotoGP at the new silverstone track. It was awesome to see live, those bikes are seriously quick.



The last photo is the car park (well more motorbike park outside the MotoGP) so many bikes!!! was half tempted to wander though them and see if my stolen bike was there. Note the bike in the foreground BTW.
Lorenzo won by a long way.

I brought a mountain bike off a firend to get me back on two wheels. It may not have a motor, but at least I could get around a bit faster while I hunted for a new motorbike.

No comments:

Post a Comment