Thursday, August 19, 2010

The crazy that was July...

Started the month by officially resigning from MAGS, wasn't a surprise to most people I don't think, but still wasn't as easy to do as I thought. Lots of good friends there and good memories, but still can't abandon what I've the new role and job I have here so soon. Never know what the future holds, but pretty sure this is the place for me for now.

Major news of July was the Murder of my cousin Scott in Fielding. A month on it is still no clearer who did it or indeed why. It seems to have gripped the country as one random act of violence against someone who to all accounts was an awesome guy, superb husband, father and friend to many. Thanks to all the people who passed on support and messages. Hard for the family here to be so far away at times like this.

Latest news on it, 60 minutes documentary on it.
Death at dawn - 60 Minutes - Video - 3 News


Finally managed to find myself a new bike. A really nice Yamaha R1 (2004/5 model) the guy I brought it from hardly used it so it had only done £7000. So good to ride.

Also spent some time that weekend with my parents and an aunty exploring the Cotsweld area in England. It's an awesome bit of England with a lot of history and old buildings.







I have applied to begin the process of becoming British qualified, kind of exciting, but it will be a little odd feeling like a trainee for the next year. Hopefully it all goes smoothly.

The school year finished, summer break has started. So it seemed like I should go for a trip to test out the bikes touring ability. Figured it was about time for a swim, so packed up and headed to the east coast around Norfolk. Travelled through a number of small and large towns on the way & had my swim. Was a good bit of fun and the bike did well as a bit of a pack horse, but might need some extra padding on the seat for long trips in the future.









And just to prove that I did actually swim in the English sea (and it wasn't as cold as I expected it to be).

Right finally back up to date, well almost, but I figure August can wait till the end of the month.
Much love...

No comments:

Post a Comment