Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ready, Steady, Teach!

Interesting first week back, I got a modified timetable on Monday morning, knew some changes where coming and I had a rough idea of what they were. It was still interesting to plan classes in very short time frame around the gear that was pre-ordered by the previous teacher, nice little challenge for the week. A bit like a game show where you have to teach based on a random assortment of equipment. Very tiring though to have the ongoing little changes through the week and not being able to fully settle into the new timetable, hopefully it will be better next week as I'm pretty sure my timetable is fixed for now. One big bonus is a lovely Y10 group I've picked up, who are a load of fun to teach.
After a little chat with a DP at school I now have an official interview for Lead teacher of Physics next week and I will need to teach an observed lesson for them too. There is apparently (as far as I know) one other external applicant, so everything must be done properly. I am very glad I'm not going against anyone else in the department though.

I've also got a bike now (for those of you who didn't find out moments after I got it). It's a VTR1000, It's a big V-twin that thumps along with very little fuss, driving to my sisters today I was going along at 70 mph for a little while before I realised I was only in second gear ... So changed up to 6th and idled along at 70 mph instead (2700ish rpm). Have picked up a spare helmet from Amanda too ; ).


The new VTR1000 (V-twin)

An awesome photo of my CBR600RR that is still waiting to sell in NZ, Thanks Haim.

As mentioned moments ago, I have been in Thatcham today to help out Amanda and Phillip tidy the house for its sale. It has been good to spend time with them before their pending move to the USofA. Although at this point I'm a little wasted after the late night singstar Friday (Good times, "Go Team Science" is all I have to say).

Miss you all my kiwi friends... Much love to you all.

1 comment: